Thursday, June 14, 2007

Today was The Good, The Sad, and The crying.
We sent Abi to school (last day!!!!) this morning and then Tim and I went out to breakfast. (this is The Good) After breakfast I took him to the Maglev station so he could "levitate" to the airport. Tim is on his way back to Vancouver today. (this is The Sad) As soon as I said goodbye I started to cry. I think it was harder to say goodbye to Tim this time because he is going back to our home for the first time since we moved to China. The tears sort of snuck up on me. I hate it when that happens. I got in the car and Mr. Zhang said something in Chinese and handed me the box of tissues. (this is The Crying)
I thought a little shopping would be a good distraction so I went to Metro.....looked around a few minutes and started crying again.....aaahhhhh!!!....back to the car.....Mr. Zhang handed me more tissues. I cried all the way home. I guess it was time for a good cry....who knew? I got home...read some email, pulled myself together, and called our church office in Vancouver to talk with our youth director about Abi's trip to Africa. By this time it is 8:30 on a Wednesday evening in Vancouver....I am thinking that no one will answer.....I am surprised when our friend Steve answers the phone....I get to chat with him for a minute and then on the speaker phone with John (youth director) and Kate and Becki. God is soooooo good!!!! My spirits are lifted.

After my telephone call I fixed my "crying face" and went to lunch with my quilting group. Many of the expats are getting ready to leave Shanghai for the summer so this was our "pre-summer" gathering. We had a great lunch and "show and tell" time.....these ladies are very talented quilters!!!!!.......I enjoyed every minute of the afternoon. Again...God is good to provide such nice people to "hang out" with in Shanghai.

Abi is spending the night with a friend, I sent Mr. Zhang home early, Xiao Zhang is making cookies and will soon go home as well....and I am going to practice some machine quilting techniques, eat too many cookies, and then go to bed early and read my book. Life is good again!

No comments: