Saturday, June 16, 2007

I started my first volunteer job yesterday morning. I am helping with the Summer Connection program at the Community Center. We have an informal coffee time and then a speaker every Friday morning. My job is to greet people and help answer questions about Shanghai. It is such a tough job!!! I am almost feeling like a veteran "Shanghai-er" now with my expansive 4.5 months experience livng here. The latest count for new families arriving in Shanghai that will have children attending Abi's school is 170. That is families not children and that is just Abi's school and it is one of the smallest International Schools in Shanghai. Wow!!! The migration to Shanghai is incredible. I met two women yesterday that were on their "preview" trip and will be coming back in July and August. They are from the states and both have children that will attending Concordia.

Tim arrived safely in the US and is on his way to Bellingham with his Dad to help Tucker pack up his "stuff" and move out of the dorm. It will be apartment living for Tucker next year.

Today Abi and I are off on an adventure....not sure where we will end up but I know it will be interesting!!!

No comments: