Wednesday, June 20, 2007

On Saturday evening Abi and I ate dinner at Burger King in the Super Brand Mall. We needed fries. We sat in the food court area and enjoyed our whoppers and cola with ice. In our hasty clean up and desire to get home after a hard day of shopping we accidentally left one of our shopping bags in a chair. This particular shopping bag had the majority of our purchases in it for the day. We did not discover that we were missing the bag until the next morning. We were sure that it would be gone by then but we went to the mall anyway to see if we could find it. First we went to the customer service. We had a note that we wrote with Xiao Zhangs help to explain what we were looking for. The note was no help...they did not understand what happened. So....we went to BK and waited in line. The person at the counter did not understand what we were looking for ....(partly because I told her in my best Chinese that this happened tomorrow instead of yesterday.....oops...I can't imagine why she was confused) but she got the manager and he spoke English. Yippee!!! I explained what happened, he said describe the bag, I did, he went in the back room and came back with our shopping bag. I could not believe it!!!!!!!!!!!! We have been very lucky in a city of millions of people to get our "stuff" back. Remember Abi's wallet that she left in the taxi? Amazing.

No comments: