Monday, May 7, 2007

Today was a busy day....started with a two hour Chinese lesson that was very trying because my brain thought it was still laying on the beach in Sanya.....then I played "pick up stuff" at the frame store, grocery store, and the home improvement store....followed by a "take away" lunch from East West that I eat at my desk while I searched for Ayi's. I am highly motivated to find a new Ayi after doing laundry, grocery shopping, and cooking dinner today. I set up three interviews for tomorrow and I hope by tomorrow evening we will have a new Ayi. All of these candidates are Chinese and do not speak English. Good news though.....Jane is coming tomorrow to translate for me!!!! I should be able to practice my Chinese though because my lesson today was all about rooms in the house. So....I can show them around the house and say things like..."this is our bedroom" (zhe shi women de woshi) and "That is our sitting room (aka family room)" (na shi women jia de keting). The most practical thing from my lesson today....I can now say "Where is the toilet"? Remember the motto.....Celebrate the small successes!!!

Abi just came back from the hair salon. She goes there often in the evenings to get her hair washed, dried and straightened. The wash includes a head massage and costs about $2.20. I think I might go with her next time. I hear it is an interesting experience....they wash your hair while you are sitting up in the chair and put the shampoo in your hair while it is dry. I am curious!!

No comments: