Monday, May 21, 2007

My Dad is home from the hospital and feeling good. My sister arrived in Portland today so she will be there to help my mom keep him resting for the next couple of days.....although it might take more than two of them to keep him in bed. Thanks again for your prayers.

I spent the morning in Chinese lessons and then with a friend at the fabric market. I was in search of sashing fabric to finish one of my quilts. I think I will return tomorrow because only one of the fabrics passed the audition and I need two. I did however manage to find several other fabrics for "future" quilts. I was inspired by my friend to learn Chinese "fabric" words so I can communicate with the vendors. I think I will have a list of words for my teacher on Wednesday....she will be surprised because she thinks we are going to learn about setting up a meeting with someone....not nearly as fun as "fabric" words. But...the lesson after next is all about shopping and eating. Two of my favorite past times. Can't wait!!!

Tim has gone to get a hot candle ear treatment tonight. Remember the paper cone, the candle, and the strange instruments? That's the one!!! It will be interesting to see if it works for him. I am a true believer now. Tim will finish his day with a telephone meeting that starts at 10:00 this evening......then....the lucky guy will start his day tomorrow at 6:00am with another telephone conference. This is what happens when you live on the other side of the world but still need to attend meetings that happen on US time.

Interesting little factoid....I heard that there are 130 new families coming to Concordia next year. The British school had 230 new families arrive this year and most of the other International schools are full. This is becoming a big problem in Shanghai. There are so many expat families moving here that the schools can not keep up with the demand. I know families with kids in three different schools because one school could not accommodate the needs of the whole family.

No comments: