Friday, May 18, 2007

I think I failed as a cookie baking teacher. This afternoon I asked XiaoZhang to bake the rest of the cookie dough that we had left from yesterday. Tim was coming home early today so I thought it would be nice to have warm cookies waiting for him. (Ahh...isn't that nice) When Tim got home we went into the kitchen to have a cookie and were a little surprised. The cookies looked like hockey pucks....same color...same hard texture......no.....let me say same very very hard texture. I told Tim that I asked XZhang to put them in at 4:00 so they would still be warm when he got home. Tim's comment as he was breaking his teeth on his cookie was...."I think she put them in at 2:00". We started laughing so hard that tears were rolling down our cheeks. We did not want XZhang to know we were laughing about the cookies so we hid in the living room while we tried to get control of our laughter but then Tim said ..."We could through them out the window for the birds but I think from the 36th floor they might kill someone below". I think he was right....and his comment put me right back into tear rolling laughter. Who knew chocolate chip cookies could be so entertaining?

No comments: