Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Basketball
USA vs Australia
Last night we drove two hours to the sports arena to watch the USA/Australia exhibition game The traffic was crazy...and it turns out it was the same sports arena where we watched the men's tennis matches last year. We were lucky to have the car.....Tucker had to take four different subway lines and a taxi to get to the game.

The crowd at the security check point just outside the gates.

The USA team warming up...

The US team won but I have to say the Aussie team played really hard. I was a little disappointed that the US team did not play as well as I expected. We saw a few amazing plays but overall the game was not as exciting as I thought it would be.

I identified the players that I saw at the Portman yesterday. It was Chris Bosh and Dwight Howard. The two tallest players on the team. 6.10 and 6.11.


During half time we were entertained by a group of boy dancers/acrobats. They were very good and Abi and I thought it was great to see boys preforming instead of the typical girl show!!! Okay...they did have girl dancers too but we hardly noticed them!

No comments: