Saturday, April 26, 2008

Knotty Business...
I finished my Chinese knot tying class on Wednesday.....It is a good thing I have photo step by step instructions or I would never be able to do this again!


This is the famous button knot. You can buy single knots like this at the fabric market...and....sew them to your clothing for buttons. They also have double knots that are used for cuff links. I have a jar full of them and always wondered how they made them..."inquiring minds want to know".
These are my practice button knots.

This is the double coin knot...
This is my favorite....A) I can make it easily, and B) it looks really cool!

This has a button knot, four double cross knots, and two sliding Peru knots. The sliding knots are very impressive when they work. You can make the necklace shorter or longer depending on your mood.

We also learned the finishing knot, connected snake knot, the single snake knot, and the sliding button knot.

I am pretty sure knot tying is not my thing. I can confidently check this off my list of "Things I want to do when I grow up"

No comments: