Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I have been searching for an old Chinese bench to put in our entry area. I have looked in many antique shops and on the street but have not been able to find one in the condition and at the price that I am willing to pay. Well....on Monday I went to one of our favorite tailors at the fabric market to have a jacket made. AND.....in their little "sitting" area there was a bench....exactly what I was looking for!!! As I think back on this....my mom sat on this bench while she waited for my Dad to try on his suits. I have been to this tailor many times and never noticed "the bench". To make a long story short....I bought the bench from the tailor. I think this is really fun because I know exactly where it came from and how it was used. Ahhhh....I am soooooo easily entertained!!!The bench...."tailor made"

and now the quilt has a friend....
Abi says that the bench needs something on it....Oh darn...I guess I will have
to do some more shopping.
BTW....the twigs are now standing where the water cooler used to reside.

No comments: