Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Abi is still not feeling great this morning but she went to school anyway. Tim had a conference call that started at 5:30am and he is still on that call. We really enjoyed last week because he did not have early or late calls because of the holiday in the States. Later this afternoon he is going "business" golfing. He showed me the course on the computer last night and it looks really hard....mostly islands. Yikes!!!

I am going to the fabric market this morning to pick up a jacket and some shirts and then a group of women from our apartment building are going to lunch in Puxi. They described the restaurant as southeast Asian. I am not sure what to expect...but I bet it will be an adventure!!!

We can see two bridges this morning but it is still very smoggy and nasty looking outside. On days like these I feel that we should all be wearing respirators...when you can see the air, it just can not be good for your health.

I have several quilt projects going. I machine quilted two last week and then decided that I did not like one of them.....so....I have been "unquilting" it for the past several days. 'Unquilting" is not nearly as much fun as quilting.

Over the weekend Tim moved our water cooler out of our entry area and into the kitchen. The kitchen is a logical place for a water cooler but there were no available plug ins. This is true throughout our apartment....there are very few electric plugs. Tim is very handy and was able to get power to the water cooler but it only had power if we left the kitchen lights on. He found some wires behind the microwave that could be "hard wired" for the cooler but the electric system is a little different here so he did not want to mess with it. So....yesterday Xiao Zhang called our "handyman". He arrived shortly after she called (I still find this amazing....in the US we would have to wait for days) and after looking at the situation...said it would be 50 kuai (about 7 dollars). He knew exactly what he was doing and got the job done quickly. He is starting to be a "regular" around our house. He hangs pictures, does electrical, and yesterday he told me he can also do dry wall. Hmmmmm....I wonder if he paints?

No comments: