Thursday, May 29, 2008

Yesterday we hosted a group of kids from one of our previous hometowns...Corvallis, Oregon!
Go Beavers!


This group of kids have been studying Mandarin for several years and spent the last three weeks touring and attending Chinese school. They are headed home on Saturday and are at the end of their trip. I took them on the ferry tour to Puxi and then they came back to our apartment and swam for about 2 hours. We fed them pizza and home made chocolate chip cookies....and soda....with ice!!! Then we all sat in the big window and watched the night time city view. They were so happy to have a little taste of home and a place to "hang out" for the evening.

Corvallis kids at the wave pool

Last week I mentioned the adorable baby that my quilting friend is caring for.....well....here she is...Baby Bing...

She came to quilting today and I got to hold her....she is soooooooo cute and soooooo tiny. My handbag weighs more than she does!
Baby Bing has about 15 new quilting "aunties" and we all stood in line to hold her. I don't think I should show these pictures to Abi....

Another quilt finished!!!!


I am calling this one Redwork with a Twist.


I embroidered the block designs with my embroidery machine and then HAND QUILTED the entire quilt! That is a first for me......probably the last too....ha ha.

Today is day four of Abi's "Life as Culinary Arts Intern". It has been a bit of a slow start but I think everything is on track now. She called me while I was at quilting to say that she was going shopping to buy corn. I have never heard anyone so excited about buying corn before. Anyway....they are developing a new recipe and she was put in charge of shopping for the ingredients which required going to three different import stores by taxi. She is getting to be such a "city girl".

She has some great stories about the characters that work in the kitchen. Abi is the only female and the only non-Asian (go figure!) in the kitchen except when the head chef is there...he is a New Yorker. The first day Abi was at work there was a parade of people wandering through the kitchen to see the "blond girl" intern.

Tucker has a big design deadline tomorrow at 9:00am. Keep him in your prayers as he is still in high stress mode and counting the days until his review......June 5 at 10:00am.

No comments: