Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Yesterday I took a break from "teacher" and attended a workshop to be the "student"! I like being the student best!!! We made transportable quilting workstations. Basically they are a padded book that has a place to iron, cut, and trace. Inside the "book" is a cutting mat, a piece of sand paper and a clear sheet of plastic to protect the sand paper. I bet you are wondering what quilters need sand paper for..right??? I have never used it but apparently it works very well to hold your fabric in place while you draw applique patterns.....who knew? I think it will be very handy....

Here we are hard at work.....
More work....
Ta-Dah! All finished!!!
Most of these are traditional fabrics from China or were purchased in Korea. BTW....we are planning another trip to Korea in the fall! Yippee!!!

No comments: