Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Quilting Class #5

Quilting the Quilt!! Hand quilters and Machine quilters unite!
I invited a guest instructor, Rose Brunais, to teach us hand quilting. Rose is an amazing quilter...she hand stitches all her patchwork pieces AND hand quilts her quilts!! She can hand stitch as fast as I can machine stitch! The world is getting smaller...Rose is from Portland Oregon! Who would have guessed!

I have great students!!! They listen intently to Rose as we learn how to maneuver the tiny quilting needle. The proper size quilting needle is about 1 inch long...no kidding!! And...the eye of the needle is ridiculously small....glasses are a must if you have any hope of getting the thread in the needle!!!
Ceyda piecing her quilt....
The second half of our class was spent learning how to machine quilt. After the demonstration everyone practiced free motion quilting! Even Rose tried it and got the "quote of the day " award. She said "I may never hand quilt again!" We all laughed...


I finished my class quilt last weekend.....I think I will call it Fiesta!!



No comments: