Thursday, March 6, 2008

I am headed to Korea tomorrow and Pat and Arvin are headed to Singapore and Sri Lanka on Saturday. I am going on a "textile procurement excursion" and Pat and Arvin are heading south for a "little" side trip while on this side of the world. I will be back on Sunday with (hopefully) many many yards of new quilting fabric! Stay tuned for pictures.....

Today we had to be back to our apartment for the "stinky feet curtain men". As part of our re-decorating project we get new drapes! The men came a few days ago to measure the windows. While they were here a strange odor started to permeated our house. ......and guess what...it was their feet!! They took their shoes off at the door....a very nice thought..but the smell was soooooo bad we could hardly stand it. I am not joking!!! Tucker came into the living room while the "stinky feet curtain men" were here and said....What is that smell?" As soon as the curtain men left we opened the windows to air out the place. A while later Tim and I went out of the house but I swear I could still smell that awful order. Tim said..."We opened our windows and now all of Shanghai smells like stinky feet!" We started laughing and could not stop. Later that night Tucker and Abi went to the fabric market via taxi and Tucker asked Abi if he smelled like the stinky feet guys because he swore he could still smell it. I think the smell penetrated everything it came into contact with. It was really really bad!!!! AND...today they came back to hang the drapes.....The "stinky feet curtain men" return! AAAhhhhhh!!!! I warned Pat and Arvin and as soon at they arrived I opened the windows....but....it was no help!!! They have been gone from the apartment for seven hours and I still get whiffs of that odor.....I feel like I need a shower and about 10 gallons of Fabreez!!!

No comments: