Monday, January 7, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

It appears that the "writers strike" has affecting China as well as the US...I have negotiated a new contract with our blog writer and she has agreed to come back to work for double the salary. This was a hard bargain but we have received too many complaints to ignore this any longer. So.....Back from retirement.......I bring you "the blog".
____________

It appears that I left a "cliff hanger" with my last blog. I did not plan this....it seems that life took over at the Spoffords house and we were all on "full speed" the last couple of weeks before we went home for Christmas. Many people asked about Abi's dress when we were in the US.

So to end the suspense........Abi's dress was a success! She tried it on for the first time about 30 minutes before she had to leave the house for the dance. FYI...she bought a dress for the next dance while we were in Washington....now we have a dress "waiting" for the next party. This might save me a few gray hairs!!!

Abi and and friend Kari


The girls before the party - Abi is on the left

This is a blog that I wrote the week before we left for Christmas break......it never got posted because I didn't have time to finish it.....

____________________________________________________________________
Written December 13th

Sorry for the gap in blogs....life has taken over all blog time this past week.
A quick update on the Spoffords....


Abi is on major stress mode because her semester finals start tomorrow.

Tucker has finals this week but is in bed with mono. Poor guy. In addition to being sick he is also in high stress mode because he will have to take several incompletes this term because he was not able to most of his finals.


Tim is in super high stress mode because he is hosting an "all hands" training program this week in Shanghai. This is especially challenging because of the cultural diversity of the group.

I am trying to be the "support team" for everyone while knowing that I can't really do anything to ease the stress.

My sister graduates in Arizona tomorrow. "Doctor Sister" will be official in just a few hours...

These are my English students. We had a Christmas party for them this week which of course included a craft project. They were sooooooo excited!!!

Sixth Graders making paper Christmas Trees

They each traced a tree shape onto green paper and then decorated the tree with bright colored sequins.

The finished trees...

Fourth graders......Can you feel their energy??

This class painted ceramic Christmas ornaments

What a cutie!!!!

The girl on the right is one of my buddies. She always gives me a hug when I get to school. One day she asked me to give her an English name. We decided on "Hanna". I wish you could see her smile when I call her Hanna.

____________________________________________________________________
Monday afternoon - January 7th

Our trip to the US was great.....We were all very busy and I think we need a vacation from our vacation. Our flight out of San Francisco was cancelled because of weather so we were re-routed to Chicago and then to Shanghai. This added many hours to an already long trip. We were all very very happy to get off the plane last night.

Abi went back to school today and Tim and I took the day to unpack and regroup. We went downtown for lunch but the rest of the time we just hung around the house.

No comments: