Sunday, March 4, 2007

It is 10:30pm and I can't sleep......the fireworks are back... I guess Abi can't sleep either because she just joined me on the sofa. The fireworks are really not exciting anymore....they are just annoying. Tonight is the last night of the Chinese New Year. So.....I think this is the last of the fireworks for a while. Tim and Abi have to go to work and school tomorrow morning so they are going to have a short night.

Since I can't sleep I will tell you what we did this afternoon. We braved the weather and took a taxi downtown to have lunch. Tim found a Brazilian BBQ restaurant close to the temple where my walking tour started on Wednesday....wow...that seems like several weeks ago. Anyway....we purchased three umbrellas as soon as we got out of the taxi and walked about one block to the restaurant. It was wonderful....Tim said it was not up to the standard of other Brazilian BBQ places that he has been to....but....it was clean and the food tasted really good. A funny highlight of the place.....they had really good bananas on the dessert tray. I know this probably sounds weird but most of the bananas that we have found are very ripe. These were just right!!! The simple pleasures of life sneak up on you some times.

We spent the rest of the afternoon exploring the area around the Jing'an Temple. We found another City Supermarket (import grocery store) and purchased three bags of fish crackers and one small bag of corn chips. Each of these were about $4 per bag. I know what will be on my shopping list for Tim the next time he goes to the states. By the way....the corn chips that I purchased at the Metro store last week were really really awful!!!

No comments: