Monday, February 19, 2007


This afternoon we went downtown to see the Lion Dance that is a traditional part of the Chinese New Year Celebration. We were all very excited about this adventure because we actually told the taxi driver where we wanted to go and he understood us!!!! We celebrate all of our small successes.

This morning we walked around our neighborhood so we could start becoming familiar with our new surroundings. I took Tim and Abi to the market that I found the other day and we spent some time looking around at all the different foods. I am fascinated by the "deli" section of this store. There are many different "meats" that I do not recognize and many "parts" of meat that I do. I will tell you that nothing goes to waste here. Everything gets eaten....and I mean everything!!!!

No comments: