Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I looked at my last entry and I could not believe it has been so many days since I have written.

Let me fill you in on the happenings in China. We interviewed several ladies and hired an Ayi (means Auntie in Chinese) and a University student to help us while we are in Shanghai. The Ayi is new to Shanghai also....she came to Shanghai about the same day we arrived. Her name is Delia and she is from the Phillapines by way of Singapore and is very experienced and compitant. She has our house whipped into shape and is cooking dinner for us each night. She unpacked Abi's suitcases and organized all her "stuff". Abi no longer has to do her own laundry so obviosly Delia is a big hit with Abi.

The University student will start after Chiniese New Year. She is a local girl and was a tour guide during her summer break. She is in her last term of school and has a flexible schedule while she writes her exit paper. I think she will be a great resource for shopping, barganing, translating, and showing us some of the "local" places of interest.

I went to a class on Persian rugs that was very informative and interesting. The class was held at the Community Center and a local rug vendor brought many rugs to show us examples. I am excited to do a little shopping with all my new found knowledge. :)

No comments: