Wednesday, August 29, 2007

It is very late on Tuesday evening.....oops.....I guess it is already Wednesday morning (12:06 AM) the house is quite and Buddy is sleeping on my floor again.

I am afraid that my trip to the US has turned into a total "boondoggle" because I am not able to help Tucker get settled into his apartment. So.....I am making the most of it and I am enjoying the time I have in Vancouver. What does one do on a boondoggle in the Pacific Northwest? Well....this is what I have been doing....

Walking around our yard enjoying the plants and green spaces...These pictures are for Abi and Tim.....a little picture of "home".





Time in Vancouver continued.....

I spent two evenings with our friends the Merrett's. Norma invited me to dinner twice and both times the food and company were fabulous. (Note to self...Kodak moments can only be captured if you take the camera out of your handbag!!!) What a treat to have fresh corn on the cob, meat that I can identify, and fresh vegetables and salad that I do not have to worry about how it was grown!!! Norma and Laura (Abi's good friend)had planned to visit us in China this summer. I mentioned in a previous blog that Laura injured her back and could not make the trip. Laura is still having a really tough time and it is very painful for her to sit for any length of time. School will be starting again soon so please continue to keep Laura in your prayers.

Boondoggle continues....

Notice that food is a common theme here...I am going to need a seat belt extension for my airplane seat when I return to Shanghai.
  • I went to a movie, had a pedicure, and lunch with our neighbor Julie Wiesner;
  • Ate Mexican food with Ellie, Ryan, Lisa and Julie;
  • Tucker, Kim and I had lunch with my parents and visited with their "buffet buddies" in Tigard (my mom made chocolate cake for Tucker and bread pudding for me in large take-home containers)
  • I have been to Costco twice, Target twice, Fred Meyer four times and cruised all the fabric/craft stores in Vancouver;
  • I spent some serious time at Nordstroms, and a cute little clothing store in Camas Washington;
    Browsed my friend Beth's store and bought a really cute tea pot clock;
  • Visited with our house sitter and friend Laurie;
  • Drank coffee and ate lunch with my "coffee group" AKA the Java Jewels;
  • Visited with our neighbors Bill and Joan who have the gift of humor and always make me laugh....(Joan found out yesterday that she has cancer and still manages to keep her sense of humor.....she is an amazing lady....please keep her in your thoughts and prayers this week while the doctors establish a plan to remove the cancer cells.

Last night Tucker and I went to the Harris's for dinner. Michael and Julie have three of the most adorable children you will ever meet. We had a great time playing with the kids and visiting with Julie and Michael. It was the most lively dinner we have had since Abi and Tucker were little and it was a blast.

Jack enjoying his cupcake.....


Jordan enjoying the frosting on her face and in her tummy


This is a face you just have to love......


I think Jack and Jordan are winning the wresteling match here....

Today Tucker and I drove to Jarrel's Cove to see Tim's Mom and Dad. Jarrel's Cove is a beautiful place on the Olympic Peninsula about 2.5 hours north of Vancouver. The weather was beautiful and the wind was very slow (my favorite sailing weather) so we took the sail boat out for a "spin". Pat (Tim's mom) and I are not big sailing fans so it was close to a miracle that we both got on the boat. But....as I mentioned it was our favorite sailing weather......very slow!!!


Getting the boat ready to launch....notice how hard I am working in this picture?? Well.....someone has to take the pictures...right?


Captain Grandpa!!!!

Popeye the sailor Man

Frank and Alma Marvin's (friends of the family) sailboat with Mount Rainer in the background....now....that is what I call a "post card" picture.

Grandma and Grandpa with the Marvin's sailboat in the background.

No comments: