Monday, August 13, 2007

Here are a few more pictures from our "summer". Abi starts school in two days ....so I guess you could say our summer has come to an end.....Big bummer!!!

I have a habit/reputation of going through many pairs of sunglasses... i.e ...I leave them places like the shelves of the grocery store...restaurant bathrooms...etc. Well, I have done it again....I left my last pair in Shanghai Tang (clothing store) in Hong Kong. So....I am searching for a new pair. The girls (Kim and Abi) found a "going out of business" sale at a booth near our fabric market.....the price went down to Y20 a pair (about $2.50) so they each bought several pairs.... The "new style" is very very large sun glasses so I thought I would try a pair......I think I look like I am trying out for a part in "It's a bugs life"....


We went to one of our favorite American style restaurants for breakfast on Saturday. They seated us in a booth that had very high tables and very short seats. Tucker said we looked like little kids .....
Here is Tucker "acting up" and getting "the look" from both Kim and Abi. He was taking up more than his part of the booth because his "wing span" is much bigger than most people. I can't remember what he said to the girls but it did not make them happy.....notice how upset he is that they are giving him "the look".

Monday AM...Tucker and Kim left for the States yesterday afternoon. It took all five of us to get their luggage to the check-in gate.....we can say for a fact that they had fun shopping in Shanghai. They should be arriving in Portland about......now. They flew through Vancouver BC and had a short layover there before going to Portland.


Our house is very calm and quite now.....aaahhhhh!!! The three of us spent last night reading books and watching a couple of episodes of Lost. Tim and Abi just headed out the door. Tim is off to work and Abi is meeting a friend for breakfast before going to their "back to school" orientation. I have a Chinese lesson this morning and then I think Abi and I will be doing some last minute shopping for school "stuff".

several hours later....
I am finished with my Chinese lesson....Tucker called and said they made it back to Vancouver. Two of his bags are lost somewhere.....they said that they would deliver them sometime this afternoon....keep your fingers crossed!!!

No comments: