Thursday, April 26, 2007

My day improved 10 fold after I left the house today. I was late getting to the quilt group because of the flood but I was determined to treat myself to some girl talk and stitching time. My mood improved as soon as I got to the "meeting" and I really enjoyed the company and conversation. This group is a mixture of many different countries and most of them have teens and/or college age kids. Some are expert Expats and have lived in many different countries so I learned a lot about the Expat culture. Some of the women were repeats from last week and some I met for the first time today. I was invited to join some of them for a three day fabric purchasing excursion to Korea in a couple of weeks. I am seriously thinking about going....one can never have too much fabric.

About two weeks ago we took a group of pictures to a frame shop in HongQiao. Yesterday I went to pick them up and I could write a very long storey about that experience. The long and short of it is....3 out of 6 eventually made it into frames and I brought the other three back home unframed. Last night I hung the framed pictures and our walls are looking much happier now. I took the other three pictures to a different framer today....slightly more expensive but very reliable. It will be fun to get them back and cover more of our white walls with a little color.

It has been a long day....and I am going to bed. I hope that we a flood free morning tomorrow.

No comments: