Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I think we are all healthy again. Abi went to school today and then watched her team play basketball. The doctor said no PE or Basketball for this week. I don't think she minded missing PE but it was hard to sit on the bench during the game tonight. She says she is going to play on Friday.

Tim had a dinner meeting this evening and just walked in the door. He changed his clothes and is now on a conference call.....it is 9:10pm...his second shift is just starting. Poor guy!

I had a Chinese lesson today after missing three in a row because Abi was sick. I was not heart broken to miss my lessons but I think I forgot everything I have learned in that short time. I could have saved a lot of time and energy if we had moved to Ireland or some other place that speaks English. After my Chinese lesson I went to the migrant school to help the kids learn English. The fourth grade class had a substitute teacher today. She spoke very good English and asked one of the girls if she had an English name. She said "No....but I would like one." So....I listened to her Chinese name and gave her the name Hanna. She looked like a Hanna and her Chinese name sounded similar. This started a run on English names and I was mobbed by all those who wanted a name. It was very cute and crazy! Kids yelling out their Chinese names, jumping up and down to get my attention and giggling at each other. Thank goodness....the bell rang and we all had to go to class.

Abi has final exams next week starting on Friday....that is good because we are getting closer to coming home!!!

No comments: