Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Post HIA (Hobby Industry Association)

HIA was held in Dallas this year. I must say that I got my exercise walking from one end of the show room to the other. Wow!

There was an enormous amount of "vintage" papers and embellishments at this show. I remember only one company at ACCI last year that had this look. Now....it seems to me that everyone grabbed that look and tried to make it their own. Come on people...have an original idea!!! Sorry, I will get off my soap box now.

The "buzz" of the show was a new "hot" (literally) tool that is used to make very unique textures with embossing powder. It looks like a wood burning tool but has three different tips. One of the tips looks like a little rake. It was exciting to see something new and innovative. Bravo!!

Retro paper designs are continuing to emerge. I suspect that we will soon see some really fun embellishments to go with the papers.


Here are some highlights from my trip to HIA.

•Lisened to Barbara Bush speak. I was very impressed with her. I really did not know what to expect. She was very funny and shared stories about her family, faith, and love for needlepoint.

•Watched Thomas Kincaid presented Barbara Bush with an original painting that he had created specifically for her.

* Worked in the Fiskars booth during the show. What a nice group of people!!

• Spent time with my designer friends Sandy and Patt. We missed you Jayne

•Taped a short craft segment for the Carol Duvall show. Way exciting!!!!!

•Found some wonderful papers that I want to use in my new book

•Saw enough scrapbook stuff to last a lifetime HA!!

No comments: