Friday, August 1, 2003

I survived the 16 mile walk last weekend and I am off the hook for the 18 mile walk scheduled for this weekend because we are going camping!! I’m planning to hike in the woods on Saturday but I may be too busy eating smores! HA!

A lot of new things are happening at Deborah Spofford Designs; a new studio, a new web site, and a new logo. My logo was designed by an up and coming young woman named Katie Berggren. Katie is a talented illustrator and graphic designer. You can visit her web site at www.kmberggren.com. I met Katie at a meeting for women entrepreneurs. She made a presentation about her business and I was so impressed that I hired her to design my logo. You can find my logo at the top left corner of my web page frame. I sign my work with the initials djs (the j stands for Jean) and I add a swirl over the j instead of a dot…pretty original don’t you think! HA! So….when we were discussing ideas for a logo this seemed like a natural fit. Thanks Katie!!

I have had many “personal growth opportunities” this summer with my computer. I have learned more than I ever wanted to know about creating and maintaining a web site, I am taking a class to learn PowerPoint and Photoshop, and my newest “growth opportunity” is to learn a new email system. AAAHHHHH!!! What was wrong with the old system? I knew how to use it and I was perfectly content to use it forever! One of these days I think my head might explode from all of this new found knowledge! My daughter, Abbey, who is twelve, asked me why I was taking a class to learn PowerPoint. She said “Mom, I can teach you how to use PowerPoint; I use it all the time”. How did these kids got so far ahead of us? Well, the good news is that I have an “in house” tutor for my homework!

I think we need to celebrate our little accomplishments in life and this week I am celebrating. I successfully uploaded information to my web site ALL BY MYSELF!!

Have a good weekend everybody!

Return to www.deborahspofford.com

No comments: