Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It is 11:29pm on Wednesday evening. I just got back to my room after another long day of class. Our instruction time is from 9-12 and 2-5. The studio is open from 7am until 10:30pm and it has taken every bit of studio time to complete the assignments. This is a very intense class and I am LOVING it! Half the time I don't know what I am doing but I just in and start cutting and sewing fabric together. The first day of class we started and finished three composition! Yup...that's right...three! Yesterday we made a black and white composition and today we recreated the same composititon...larger....and with color.

I am surrounded by very very talented people and I am in awe of their work. I am learning so much...both from the class time and also from my classmates.

Here are some sights from my week so far...




This is the home of our teacher, Nancy Crow.




Classes are held in the upstairs part of this 1849 barn. There is another class (fabric dying) going on in the basement.





This is the inside of the barn....




This is my work station....wow....it looks so neat and tidy......it looks a whole lot different tonight...piles of fabric everywhere!





Instruction time





Classmates...





Our instructor


Sewing demonstration


Cut up the lines and arrange them...

Sew them together


and..... Ta- Dah! My first composition....Don't you love these lines!



Our second assignment was to create to sets of line/shape fabrics with black and one bright color. One set with the black as the line and one set with the bright as the line.

fabric sets...


the view from my work station


My neighbors working hard


working....and working...and working....




and....we have bold and dramatic! Okay...no comments here...part of the learning process is to ...well...just doing it! This is a "workshop" piece....I can work to make a beautiful one when I get home.

No comments: