Monday, January 12, 2009

We are back in Shanghai and I have to be honest...I was not ready to come back. Our trip to the US was a bit of an escape for me. The past 5 months in Shanghai have been challenging in many ways. Too many things to explain, some cultural, some personal, some work related, some school related. The good news....those months are behind us and I am ready to move forward.

More good news....

Abi has been accepted to Western Washington University, her #1 choice. She was notified while we were in Vancouver. Waaaawho! Pressure is off now...she can just relax and enjoy the rest of her senior year....well...maybe not too relaxed!

I started a new branch of java jewels (coffee group) here. I am calling it the "breakfast club" and we are meeting every Friday morning. After being with the Java jewels in Vancouver I realized how much I miss that connection and support system. The Vancouver Jewels were very encouraging and helped me make the first step.

Tucker is doing very well and loves his ID program at school. He is still working 2 days a week at Trader Joe's to support his car payment and other expenses. It will be great to have Abi and Tucker at the same school next year.

When are we coming home to stay you ask?
Good question...only the big guy knows the answer to that question. I am working at being content and living one day at a time. Tim's position has been budgeted for another year. That is a good thing in today's economy. It is good to have a job!!!

No comments: