Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I just returned from CHA (Creative Hobby Association) in Chicago. They said it was unusually hot and humid in Chicago this week. It was a big change from our weather in Washington. I was wearing a sweatshirt two days before I left for Chicago!

The highlight of my trip was meeting Carol Duval!!. What a lovely woman.

The show was busy on Friday and then slower on Saturday and Sunday. I did not have much time to walk the floor but when I did...it was paper paper paper. New packaging and sizes seemed to be the trend. I did see a few new companies from other industries trying to merge into the "Scrapbooking" and Hobby industry. Might be a little late to get started...?

Embellishments are still big and it appears that several companies are adding "out of the scrapbooking box" ways to use their papers. I saw one example of this with jewelry charms. Great idea!!

No comments: